There is no god and I am proof.

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Under Pressure at the Company

That most harrowing of jobs - designing games for children. We join Brad and Tony, brothers, friends, game designers.

Brad and Tony are in their office.

Brad: Damn it, Tony! I need those numbers.

Tony: Brad, I ain't got those numbers!

Brad: What are you talking about? Of course you got the numbers. I was there when you were getting them!

Tony: Well maybe they weren't the right numbers!

They both pause. They are breathing heavily.

Brad: (In a low, slow and quiet tone) Do you mean to tell me...do you mean to tell me that these aren't our numbers!?

Tony: They were the first numbers I could think of. They're not accurate, they're not from the right focus group.

Brad: Well I can tell that. (he pauses). Damn it, Tony!

Brad smashes a glass against a wall.

Tony: I'm not the only one who made mistakes today, Brad.

Brad: (Clearly lying) I don't know what you're talking about, Tony.

Tony: We both know what I'm talking about, Brad.

Brad: You don't know what you're talking about!

Tony: Damn it, Brad, if only I didn't! (sighs) Maybe you're just not cut out for the company.

Brad: You knew I was right for the company when we formed it together, Tony.

Tony: I used to know a lot of things back then. And I'm not sure I can do it anymore.

Brad: You know what, Tony?

Tony: What, Brad?

Brad: I used to know a lot of things too.

Brad turns away from Tony and begins to walk away. Tony pulls out a gun.

Tony: Going so soon, Brad?

Brad: It doesn't have to end like this, Tony.

Tony: We both knew where this was going a long time ago.

Brad pulls out a gun.

Brad: I've always known where this was going, Tony.

Both Brad and Tony shoot each other.


I think this script will win an award for Best Acting as it is the perfect script to act in as you get to act lots of different emotions and different facial expressions and it has lots of drama. I wrote it to be believable.

No comments: